4th Grade Boys and All Girls Divisions Intermediate 28.5” (Women’s)
5th Grade Boys-8th Grade Boys Full Size 29.5” (Men’s)
Games and League Playing Rules:
Number of Players to start a game:
In all Age Divisions, a team must have five players to start a game. A team will forfeit if it does not have the required number of players. A maximum of 10 minutes will be added to the start time to allow a 5th player to show up.
Basket heights: All Age Divisions Regulation – 10 feet high
Time of Halves:
(2) 20 MINUTE RUNNING HALVES
- Clock STOPS on all free throws, team timeouts, and official’s timeouts.
- Clock will stop for all whistles and dead balls in the last two minutes of the 2nd Half and any Overtime periods.
- 1st Overtime- 2 Minute Regulation
- 2nd Overtime- SUDDEN DEATH (First to Score)
If a team obtains a lead of (25) points or more, the time clock will be a running clock for the remainder of the game
Regulation: (4) 30 second Timeouts
Overtime: (1) Additional 30 Second Timeout
4th GRADE BOYS & 5th GRADE BOYS:
A full court press is not allowed once the pressing team is leading by twenty (20) or more points. Defensive players must retreat to behind the half court line. A team that continues to press when 15 points ahead will be allowed one warning, after which a technical foul on the coach will be assessed for each violation.
6TH GRADE – 8TH GRADE BOYS AND ALL GIRLS AGE DIVISIONS:
A full court press is not allowed once the pressing team is leading by twenty-five (25) or more points. Defensive players must retreat to behind the half court line. A team that continues to press when 25 points ahead will be allowed one warning, after which a technical foul on the coach will be assessed for each violation.
FREE THROW VIOLATIONS
(4th Grade Boys Age Group ONLY)
All players in this age group must stay behind the fifteen foot line until releasing a free throw attempt. Crossing the line AFTER the ball is released is allowed, but the shooter shall not be allowed to “chase” the shot towards the basket. Only crossing the line due to the shooter’s momentum is allowed.
Coaching Rules and Behavior Expectations:
* Any Coach, player, or spectator who is ejected from a game is required to leave the building. Failure to leave the gym may cause the game to be forfeited by the team represented by the ejected individual, and is at the discretion of the game officials.
* The Head of Officials will report any Coach or Player exhibiting unsportsmanlike conduct or inappropriate behavior to the League Director. A report in regard to such conduct will be presented for additional action as appropriate.