Blue Chip Basketball Association has established an exclusive relationship with St Johns Sports Performance & Recovery with the goal of providing an unparalleled (quality, value and convenience) strength, conditioning, recovery and injury prevention program accessible to ALL of our Blue Chip Players and community athletes.
Our relationship is not a financial arrangement. We understand the many benefits of improving the physical health of our community’s athletes. We are extremely fortunate to have access to these resources right in our community. We only ask that St John’s Sports Performance offers registered Blue Chip players a significant discount over non-members and that the services and associated costs at the advertised price are the same or better than what might be found at much less convenient locations.
This is a Doctor & Certified Strength Trainer supervised program. Limited slots are available for after-school sessions. The facility is located across from the entrance of Patriot Oaks Academy. Our Athletes’ 8th Grade and under sessions start at 3-3:15 and our high school sessions start at 4:30-4:45.
Athletes preparing for an upcoming season will most likely be focused heavily on strength & conditioning focused sessions and others who are in season may be doing more injury prevention, recovery and therapy focused sessions.
Performance Evaluation & Injury Screen
Determines a player’s strengths, weaknesses, potential injury risks, and creates goals for the player to
aim. Periodic reevaluation to quantify performance improvements and monitor injury risk.
Based on the athlete’s current goals and sports activities they will begin participating in supervised activities at different levels of intensity based on their particular needs. These activities can include:
- 1 on 1 and/or Small Group Training
- Strength & power
- Speed & agility
- Conditioning & stamina
- Flexibility & mobility
- Skills training
- Injury Prevention
- Nutritional, manual & soft tissue therapies
- Exercise rehabilitation
- Soft-Tissue Therapy
- Normatec Boots – Clinically proven to promote recovery and decrease muscle fatigue, inflammation, and soreness. This makes them a great tool when recovering from a big game or hard training session.
Other Local Group Training
- There is no assessment – clients just do a random workout
- Groups are not aged matched
- The workouts are designed for adults working on general fitness
- Group sizes can be very large
- Prices range from $20-28 a session
St. Johns Chiropractic & Performance
- We assess & evaluate our clients prior to training to see what needs to be worked on
- Our training is appropriate for the athlete’s age
- Our workouts are designed to develop basketball specific-athletic qualities
- All workouts are designed by a former collegiate basketball player & Trainer
- We are conveniently located across the street from Patriot Oaks Academy
- Our group sizes are 4-6 athletes
- Our package deals range from $22-$25